Last updated: 18 January 2016
1. What Information may BiteUnite collect?
We may receive and store Personal Information, Financial Information and/or Non-Personal Information (collectively “Information”) that you provide when you interact with BiteUnite.
- “Financial Information” is information relating to payments and billing (e.g., name, account information, billing address, payment processing data).
- “Non-Personal Information” is information about a user, but by itself does not identify a specific individual (e.g. demographic information, usage data, device hardware and software data, broad geographic location, and download history).
- “Personal Information” is information that specifically identifies an individual (e.g. name, mailing address, GPS location, email address or phone number).
2. How does BiteUnite collect Information?
We collect Information through your use of the BiteUnite Service, when you connect to partner service providers, and communication with us. Here are a few examples of when we may collect Information:
- When you contact us by phone, email, our contact page or other means.
- When you create an account on the BiteUnite Service.
- When you purchase products or services in or through the BiteUnite Service.
- When you connect the BiteUnite Service to third-party services and networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and YouTube.
- When you sign in to the BiteUnite Service using an Open ID provider (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) that authenticates your identity and provide, you with the option to share certain Personal Information with BiteUnite, such as your name and email address. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the BiteUnite Service to your profile page to share with others within your network.
- When you interact with our third party service providers.
3. Will BiteUnite ask my permission before collecting Information?
We will only collect Personal Information and Financial Information about you when you volunteer it, opt-in or decline to opt-out of collection. Keep in mind that BiteUnite Service may be unavailable if you choose not to share certain Information.
By using the BiteUnite Service, you are consenting to BiteUnite collecting Non-Personal Information without any further permission or notification. BiteUnite may collect Non-Personal Information directly from you, through our third-party service providers, or automatically through tools including, but not limited to, cookies, web beacons, and analytics programs embedded within the BiteUnite Service.
4. How does BiteUnite protect my Information?
5. What does/may BiteUnite do with my Information?
The primary reasons we collect Information are to provide the BiteUnite Service, improve our service offerings and communicate with you regarding your use of the BiteUnite Service. As a general matter, we do not sell, and typically will not disclose, your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. Here are a few examples of what we do with Information:
- We may use your Information in conjunction with monitoring system performance, analyzing internal business systems, improving the BiteUnite Service, fulfilling requests for additional products and conducting research.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you about the BiteUnite Service, including promotions and events. You can opt out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in the relevant correspondence. Once we have processed your opt-out request, we will not send you further correspondence unless you later opt back in. That said, we reserve the right to contact you with respect to important information, notices or changes relating to the BiteUnite Service.
6. Under what circumstances will BiteUnite disclose my Information to third parties?
BiteUnite reserves the right to disclose Non-Personal Information at its discretion and without limitation. However, we will not disclose your Personal Information or Financial Information except in the following circumstances:
- We may share Information in relation to any of the situations listed in Section 5 above.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may use third-party companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, processing payments, hosting, data storage, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. We will provide such entities with access to Information needed to perform their functions, but will take measures to ensure that they may not use it for other purposes.
- Legal. We may disclose Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders and other legal process,and to establish/exercise our legal rights. We may also disclose your Information to defend against legal claims when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Business Transfers.We may reorganize as a business entity, acquire entities, subsidiaries, or business units, or enter into joint ventures with third parties. In any of these types of transactions, any information you provide may be one of the transferred business assets. In the event that we are acquired, our assets are acquired, or we merge with a third party, your information will likely be a transferred assets. We reserve the right to transfer any information collected from you in the case of any such event.
- With Your Consent. There may be additional instances where you or BiteUnite may wish to allow disclosure of Personal Information and Financial Information about you. We may make such disclosures with you consent.
7. Where is my Information being stored?
The BiteUnite Service is hosted in Hong Kong, S.A.R. If you are accessing the BiteUnite Service from the EU, US, Canada, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from the laws of Hong Kong S.A.R., then please note that you are transferring your personal data to Hong Kong S.A.R. which does not have the same data protection laws as other regions.
9. Will BiteUnite use our information for marketing purpose?
We intend to use your Information in direct marketing but we will require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. Please note that:
- the name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, and demographic data of you held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- purposes where we will provide you with our latest offer of discounts and promotion deals and advertisements promoting the products and services of our business partners;
- the above services, products and subject may be provided or solicited by our business partners and/or any member of BiteUnite’s Group, third party financial institutions, insurers, securities, commodities and investment services providers.
If you do not wish us to use or provide to other persons his/her data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your right by notifying us or ticking the box indicating objection to receive direct marketing materials on www.biteunite.com. Or at any time, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered email address and nickname and your request to stop receiving the above information. We reassure you that we will safeguard your personal data in accordance with the law and the said data will only be used by us and for the services set out above.
11. Contact us
TEL:+852 2366 3231
G/F, 15 Lung On Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong